Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 2 March 2014

Beautiful Buttons

Good morning crafty friends and followers,

Well, today sees the end of my half term break and it has made a pleasant change to do some crafting 'just for me'.

I have a little crafty project today which I made especially for the challenge over at 'Midweek Magnolias', who are also running a DT call at the moment - I am just a little excited, to say the least! I came across this whilst commenting on my new challenge blog over at Fantasy Stampers.

Here's what I designed using one of my favourite Tilda stamps - I think this is a true representation of my style ...


I decorated a gift bag with design papers from my LOTV 'Country Lady' paper pad and layered them with kraft card to match the bag. The edges of the papers are all inked with 'Walnut Stain' distress ink for extra definition. I used my Doohickey 'Tilda Lace' border die to cut the edges of the kraft card and design paper on the second layer, which is embellished with a selection of buttons and pearls to meet the challenge theme - 'Beautiful Buttons'.

The stamped feature is 'Princess Tilda' and she is coloured with my Promarkers - here's a closer look ...


Added embellishments include a piece of ivory lace, a gorgeous ivory feather, a Doohickey 'Leaf Swirl' die-cut and a couple of Doohickey 'Doily Flowers' which have pretty pearl centres. 

Finally I ran a 'Vintage Tag' through my printer, adding the words 'Fit for a Princess' before embellishing and adding to my project. Here's a little peek ...


Right I'm off to enter this into the challenge/DT call now - I have my fingers firmly crossed, wish me luck!


Big hugz, Jan xx 




3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gift bag, fingers crossed for you, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous gift bag you've created Jan, love that sweet Princess Tilda and your lovely layering and use of buttons. Thank you so much for joining us over at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck in the prize draw and the DT call. So glad you found us!!!
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Jan perfect little gift bag. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx