Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 31 March 2016

Springtime Parchment

Hello there,

Well, after a trip to the opticians yesterday to pick up my new glasses I experienced a strange occurrence! On the way home in the car I decided to put on my new sunglasses (well, it was nice and sunny) - but something didn't seem right. They didn't seem quite as clear as my old glasses! So, after a bit of swapping with my new clear glasses, new sunglasses and my old clear glasses, I realised that I could actually see better out of the old ones! How does that work? So when I got home I rang the opticians to query it - I was told that my eyes might need to adjust to the new ones and to try them again tomorrow! I have never experienced this before when starting out with a new pair - so the saga continues. I have to ring them back on Friday if there is no improvement!

On a crafty note, we have a brand new challenge starting today over at Cardz 4 Galz, and this week Amy has chosen the theme of

'SPRINGTIME'

Here's what I made using my new (very addictive) Groovi system from Claritystamps ...


I started with a piece of A5 parchment and built up the border and the '9 square' grid using the Nested Squares. I then filled each of the squares with a selection of tiny elements from the 'Butterfly Wreath', 'Meadow Grasses' and a couple of different 'Border' plates. The 'Spring' lettering was done using the alphabet from the Groovi Plate mate.

I added just a little white work with my embossing tool and had to chuckle as I worked on the tiny dots in the border area (I could hear Barbara in my head saying 'Up, Down, Left, Right, and Round and Round'!) to get the perfect dot! I then worked in some colour to the whole design using my Derwent pencils and attached it to rose pink card using the original Groovi 'Corner Punch'. I must say, I was pretty pleased with the result - hope you like it!

Hugz, Jan xx



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan this is a gorgeous card I love the parchment craft. I hope your glassed get sorted out. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Jan.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx