Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 8 September 2017

Birthday Wishes

Hello again,

Welcome back to my blog, which is definitely being a little neglected lately.

Last time I posted, I was just off down to our new store which opened in Evesham last month. It's situated in the 'Valley' shopping village and looks so pretty.


It was most certainly a busy weekend - we had two of our TV personalities demonstrating and the store was full to the rafters. It was a couple of very long days, but my colleague and I had the best time there.

Back in our own store at Chesterfield, we are now preparing for our first Birthday celebrations - can you believe it's been nearly a year since we opened our doors! We have three lovely ladies coming over the birthday weekend to help us celebrate - Leann Chivers will be in store on Friday 22nd September, Sara Davies will be with us on Saturday 23rd and Lizzy Curtis on Sunday 24th. We are selling VIP tickets both in store and online if you would like to come and join us.

My crafty project today was made for my manager at the store who celebrated her birthday at the end of August - I'm sure she won't mind me showing you here ...


I used Sheena's glycerine technique with my Spectrum Noir Aqua markers to make the background - simply squidge a small amount of glycerine into your blending tool before picking up the scribbled water colour from your glass mat. It behaves much like distress inks, but stays open for longer allowing you to get a really good blend. I also flicked some water splats onto the background and blotted with a piece of kitchen paper to add a little interest. 

I stamped the pocket watch with black Versafine ink - 'Time Flies' designed by Donna Ratcliff for Crafter's Companion, then embossed with clear powder before adding a little extra depth using the same colours.

I stamped just one of the little butterflies for a second time and coloured it to match, then added it to the top of the stamped image.

A little frantage powder and a greeting to finish off.

Hope you like my design for today.
Hugz, Jan xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan this is a stunning card your manager must have been thrilled to receive this. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx