Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 29 March 2012

Another Bingo Challenge

Yay! I have finished school today for the Easter holidays - bring on the crafting!

I made this card last weekend, but have only just had chance to share.  This one is for the 'Wild Orchid Challenge', which is a Bingo theme.  It was difficult to choose a line to follow and I think my card has actually met two of the rows - but my initial choice was 'ribbon & lace, paper piecing and embossing.  Here's what I made ...


I started with a 6x6" champagne card blank and added an apricot layer of paper and then a black lace paper (both from the Basic Grey - Little Black Dress paper pad).  The main feature is stamped onto very pale apricot pearlised paper with one of my favourite images - I love this wireworks dress from Stampendous.   I then run it through a swirls embossing folder.  I stamped the dress twice more, once on the apricot paper and the bodice on the black lace paper to echo the background -  then cut them out and paper pieced them onto the original stamped image.  This is matted onto black textured card and then gold mirri card  which lifts it from the lace background.  I have added a piece of black lace around the whole card then embellished with cream ribbon, cream pearls and three 10mm roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The sentiment is Wild Rose Studio and is mounted on a small scalloped circle of pale apricot.  Added embellishments include two pearl brads, together with WOC adhesive pearls and peach adhesive gems on the dress. 

I was really pleased with the results - something a little different and not a promarker in sight!  I can step away from them when I want too (she tries to tell herself convincingly!) Lol. Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx