Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 29 April 2013

Anything but a Card

Happy Monday everyone,

I hope you all had a great crafty weekend - I know I did, made loads of projects, including my first tutorial which will be coming up later in the week - so watch this space.

It's time for a new challenge over at Make My Monday and this week we would love to see something a little different, hence the title 'Anything but a Card'. So go for it, it doesn't matter what you make as long as it's not a card - ATCs, exploding boxes, gift bags, journal pages, tags, wall art, 3D work, just to name a few but the list is endless. Here's what I made for my DT inspiration ...


I love making things to keep, so decided on a wall hanging for my project this week and it's all made from scratch.  It measures 16.5cm x 16.5cm and the outside edge is decorated with pieces cut from a Spellbinders Lacey Square die.  I only have the smaller range, so I had to cut them and piece them together to enlarge them, but the joins don't show, so we're all good.

I have used several mats and layers before adding another Lacey Square cut from pearlised lilac cardstock.  The collage of items on the front include a stamped postcard (LOTV), a die-cut flower spray, a card cotton bobbin which I cut out and wrapped some cream lace around, a cute little wooden cotton bobbin which I wrapped some lilac twine around, a couple of cream hearts, loads of punched flowers, a couple of stick pins and a little sentiment banner which I created on my pc which reads 'Sewing mends the soul'. Here's a close up of some of the embellishments:


 A piece of lilac polkadot organza ribbon attached to the back finishes it off and it's now ready to be hung - I just need to decide where! Lol.

Don't forget to pop over to the challenge blog and check out what my teamies decided to make this week too.
Hugz, Jan xx

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, I love the beautiful colours and the lovely design.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, what a lovely gift it would make to go on the wall of a sewing friend,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty wall hanging Jan. Love the soft colours and the sewing theme is right up my street.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the card... and the color.and the bit you added ,great ...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, I love the delicate colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, the colours are so soft and subtle, great gift for a friend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, great use of the little spellbinder die. Great embellishments too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, this is gorgeous Jan......Anyone who has a 'sewing room' would love it.....such lovely attention to detail xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jan, what a lovely wall hanginglove the soft colours.
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful - love the soft colours and the lace - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so beautiful. I love these soft colours to. Jen xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx