Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 26 May 2016

A Little bit of Vintage

Happy Days,

Well, as it's Thursday, that means I finish work today for my half term break - yay! It's been a long eight weeks, but I am looking forward to my week off before the last section of the school year.

I'm back today with a brand new theme at Cardz 4 Galz and this week Aly has chosen

'VINTAGE or SHABBY CHIC'

So, you can choose which style you would like to enter - sounds easy doesn't it! I must admit it took me a while to decide as I love both of these styles, but I decided on Vintage. Here's what I created for my DT inspiration ...


I love using just sepia tones for this type of project - the design papers are from my new purchase paper pad - 'Floral Muse' by Dovecraft, I can see this one becoming a strong favourite!

I inked all the edges with Frayed Burlap distress ink to age them a little. The beautiful image is from a sheet I've had for ever - I have no idea who she is, but what a pretty little girl.

Embellies include some ivory seam binding, a piece of ivory lace, an ivory paper flower, a couple of die-cut pieces and some self adhesive pearls. I also included some little stamped letters which spell the word 'Love', in the absence of a sentiment.

Why not pop over and see which theme my teamies chose for their project.
Hugz, Jan xx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jan, she certainly is very pretty.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan this is a stunning card I love the vintage theme and the image is beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx