Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 17 March 2017

Life's a Hoot!

Good morning and Happy St Patrick's Day,

I finally have one of my samples to show you today (yes, just one for now) and this one is for the Alphabet Challenge where we start back at the beginning of the alphabet today - so for the letter 'A' I chose the theme

'ANYTHING WITH WINGS'

Here's what I made using a couple of the brand new mixed media dies from Crafter's Companion which were launched during our recent birthday week with Hochanda.


The main mixed media die set used for the little owl is called 'Twit Twoo' and I cut him from black matt cardstock, then embossed all the pieces and treat them to a little gilding wax - I just love him!

I used a piece of design paper from my Tim Holtz paper pad that seemed to fit nicely with my theme, then added a die-cut border and a length of ribbon to create a perch for him to sit on. 

The whole piece is embellished with some die-cut leaves in felt and leather, using the 'Maple Leaves' mixed media die from the same launch, and I added a couple of felt flowers too. 

The 'Life's a Hoot' sentiment was created on my pc to finish off.

Hope you can join us with your own creations - there are so many ways to incorporate wings into your projects, I can't wait to see them all.

Hugz, Jan xx

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant card Jan. I love this owl die and he is on my wish list.
    Have a good day.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan this is a stunning card I love the owl he is so cute. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx