Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 30 June 2012

Accordian Tag Book

Happy Saturday to everyone,

Hello and welcome to any new followers, it's good to have you on board.  Sorry if I haven't been around as much as usual over the last few days - I managed to get my nose stuck in my ancestry search again.  I received a phone call a few days ago from an elderly relative with some updated information, and once I get on the ancestry website I swear, time actually disappears!

Anyway, I have still been crafting too and thought I would show you something a little different today - I have been challenging myself to step away from my favourite 8x8" workspace and here's what I came up with ...

I bought a few of these little accordian tag books at a recent craft fayre and they are such fun to play with. This is the front when the book is closed. I inked around the edges with Walnut Stain distress ink and stamped along the top edge with a little swirly stamp from my stashbox. I used some of my new stamps (also bought at the fayre) - this one is a 'Little Claire Designs' and is called 'Trailing Birdhouse' - it's sooo pretty. It is coloured with my Promarkers - thank goodness I had some fine nibs!


These are the first two tags with the edges decorated to match the front.  I have layered kraft card and papers from the Wild Rose Studio 'Vintage Rose' paper pack before adding some more stamps by Little Claire Designs.  The left hand side is 'Sweet Little Mary' and the right hand side is from the same stamp sheet as the front cover.  

These are the second two tags - edges decorated and same papers as above.  The sentiment on the left hand side is from a LOTV stamp sheet and the little birdhouse on the right hand side is Little Claire Designs again.  A selection of stashbox embellishments and some antique cream ribbon complete the project.

Here is the book open showing all four tags.  I hope you enjoyed looking as much as I did creating it.



I am entering this project into the 'Stampin for the Weekend' challenge which is 'Show us your Style' - mine always seems to be 'cute', but I think this one is a little 'shabby chic' too.

I am also entering it at 'Try it on Tuesday' - Anything Goes.

Enjoy the weekend, 
Hugz Jan xx

5 comments:

  1. ooo that is so pretty, love your tag book. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty, love the images and colouring
    hugs and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is really gorgeous, I love the pink and brown together, just so pretty
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag book, all the images and details look great. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just adorable!! Thanks for joinig us at TioT. Hugs, Cindyx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx