Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 9 June 2012

Happy Birthday!

Good morning,

Well, it's my baby girl's birthday today - I can't believe she is 20 (gosh it makes me feel old!) Lol. I thought I would share her birthday card with you today - she is studying music at university in York and loves all things musical, so I tried to echo this in her card together with two of her favourite colours. Here's what I made ...


My favourite 8x8" scalloped card blank is layered with a square of olive green textured cardstock and a square of teal polkadot paper, which is embossed around the edges for extra texture (both from my stashbox).  I used a template to draw around for the layer of sheet music and inked the edges with 'Broken China' distress ink.  I added a strip of lime green dotty paper which has the bottom edge punched and wrapped a piece of olive green ribbon around the middle.  The little hearts are stamped onto scraps of green cardstock and cut out.  The sentiment is from Creative Expressions and is cut with an 'Oval' nestie and layered onto a 'Scalloped Oval' cut from the olive card.


The image is a digital download from Kenny K, called 'VikkiLeeVicious' and is coloured with my trusty Promarkers - perfect for my musical themed card.  The edges are inked with 'Broken China' distress ink and the image is layered onto two more pieces of co-ordinating cardstock set at an angle for effect.


The card wouldn't be finished without my usual array of embellishments - the more the better! Lol.  The flowers stamps are from Creative Expressions and are stamped onto matching cardstock, cut out and layered together with brads.  I added a Doohickey swirl which is also coloured with my Promarkers to co-ordinate with the project.  The little silver guitar charm and key are from Mei Flower and add a finishing touch to the ribbon.  Extra embellishments include a little 'U Rock' tab (printed on my PC), tiny little punched flowers and some adhesive gems to finish off.

Needless to say, Sammy loved it! 

Enjoy your weekend,
Hugz, Jan xx

1 comment:

  1. what a fabbie card, love the colour combo and tose flowers look stunning
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx