Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 2 August 2014

Buttons and Bows at Fantasy Stampers

Good morning everyone,

I hope you all had a chance to enjoy the glorious sunshine before it turned to showers yesterday.

Now I can't believe another two weeks have passed already, but it's time for our next challenge over at my own challenge blog

FANTASY STAMPERS

For the next two weeks our new theme will be

'BUTTONS & BOWS'

So off to the embellishment box I went and here's what I came up with for my DT inspiration ...


I started by stamping the gorgeous sentiment (by Indigoblu) and embossing it with gold detail powder. Then I ran it through my cutting machine to create a circle to use as a template for my buttons. I added a little red line tape around the edge and secured my chosen buttons to create a kind of 'wreath' effect. This is then mounted on a paper doily which has been inked around the edge for a little definition.  

The background is also stamped with one of the flower stamps from the same set (which actually came free with a recent magazine purchase) using Victorian Velvet distress ink. I also ran it through an embossing folder for extra texture and then inked around the edges with the same ink. I layered it on a piece of sand coloured cardstock to co-ordinate with some of the buttons.

I made a triple bow using some of my favourite organza polkadot ribbon and also added a little pearl bow to finish.  And a few punched butterflies just to finish off.

Why not pop over to the challenge blog and check out some of the fantastic project that my team made.
Hugz, Jan xx

1 comment:

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx