Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 14 March 2015

Spring is in the Air

Happy Saturday,

Well, it's been a busy one this week - including taking a class of 28 eight year olds to Filey for the day! I am absolutely shattered - so lots of rest this weekend and hopefully spoiled for Mother's Day.

We have a brand new challenge starting today over at my challenge blog 'FANTASY STAMPERS' and the theme for the next two weeks will be

'SPRING IS IN THE AIR'

Well, I certainly hope it is anyway - here is what I created for my DT inspiration ...


I had lots of fun with this one - layering up different elements. The background layer is a piece of custard cardstock and I stamped a flower all round the edge using Scattered Straw distress ink. Then I layered up a piece of milk cardstock, together with a piece of lemon design paper from my stash.

The topper used a rectangular die-cut which I cut down the middle to make a little smaller for my image. The image is another LOTV called 'Hand Picked' (anyone would think I am addicted!) - coloured with my Promarkers.

All the flowers were die cut from the milk cardstock, then stamped with one of my script stamps and coloured with a little co-ordinating distress ink, before being layered on the card with a few die-cut leaves.

I made the lettering (which is only just visible in the picture) on my pc and finished off with a few self adhesive pearls.

I hope you will come and join us over the next two weeks with your own Springtime projects.
Hugz, Jan xx

10 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card and image,love your sunny colours.
    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love the yellows :) super cute image too. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joey - yellow wouldn't be my first choice of colour scheme, but it definitely reminds me of spring xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card Jan, I love that sweet image and all of the yellow... one of my fav colors!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx, Tammy - I am totally addicted to my Lili of the Valley images, it's hard not to turn to them every time xx

      Delete
  4. What a bright cheerful card Jan and a LOTV image as well!
    It's been v dreary here today, lost a lamb overnight, got too wet and cold.:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx, Jules - sorry to hear about the wee little lamb xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Jan this is a gorgeous card the image is so cute and the flowers are beautiful. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx, Jackie - I love stamping and cutting my own flowers, then building them for my cards xx

      Delete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx