Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 16 July 2016

Birthday Blooms

Good morning,

Well, I have been at home for two weeks now and would have officially finished school for the summer yesterday - and guess what? It's raining here as I write my post!

We have a brand new challenge today at Fantasy Stampers with a nice easy theme for the next two weeks

'CLEAN & SIMPLE'

Here's what I made for my DT inspiration ...


I must admit, it does have a little more detail than I would normally include in a 'CAS' design - but it is just one layer using the base card.

First I decided where I wanted the circle aperture to go and drew a feint pencil line to guide my stamping. Then I used my 'Stampin' Up 'Birthday Blooms' stamp set and stamped the gorgeous flower along the edge of the circle. I masked out the flower and added some stamped splatters using Milled Lavender distress ink.

Next I cut around the circle to make an aperture in the card, and also cut off some of the fussy parts of the stamp that were protruding into the circle. 

The flower is coloured with my Promarkers and I added a little glitter to highlight the petals. 

I added a piece of polka dot design paper behind the aperture (actually adhered to the inside of the card) and added a stamped sentiment (from the same stamp set). Three little punched butterflies from the scrap design paper finish off the design.

Hope you can come and join us over at the challenge.
Hugz, Jan xx

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Jan and unusal for a CAS card. They are not my favourite cards to make - white spaces make me nervous - but I do like the style you have used.
    School finishes next Thursday for me and it rained all day yesterday (St Swithin's day) so it does not bode well. Fingers crossed for sunshine.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx, hun - hang in there, then you can take a well deserved break. The weather has been rubbish here too, just keep popping outside when I can. Lol xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Jan this is a stunning card I do love the stamp I have used it a few times before. School for me lasts until Wednesday and this week I had some disturbing news about next year. I can't wait to finish. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx