Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 21 July 2016

Whatever Makes You Happy

Hello there everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying the sunshine - the temperatures here have been unbelievable this week! It has been lovely to spend some time sat out in the garden - I even did some colouring out there yesterday.

So, today we have a brand new theme over at Cardz 4 Galz, and this time Babs has set us the challenge of using

'NO PATTERNED PAPERS'

Now, I must admit, I do love my design papers and do quickly turn to them when making a card - so this challenge was a pleasant change and I decided to get out my distress inks and get messy. Here's what I created for a little inspiration ...


As we have been enjoying all this glorious sunshine, I decided to use some lovely bright colours - I inked up a piece of white card using Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold and Shabby Shutters distress ink.

I created lots of depth to the colour by using a stencil, a few abstract stamps and a little piece of sequin waste. I stamped the two corners in black and then added some Black Soot distress ink around the edges.

The sentiment (corner stamp and the little dragonflies) are from a set by Sheena Douglass which I got free on a magazine some time ago. 

I die-cut some flowers from a scrap of the inked card and layered them up, with a few punched leaves, to finish the card.

I really enjoyed making my project without delving into my stash of design papers - why not go and check out how the rest of the design team managed without their papers too?

Hugz, Jan xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan this is a gorgeous card I love the background you have created. Enjoy the rest of the week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx