Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 7 July 2012

Keep it Simple at Studio 12


Happy Saturday from a very wet Yorkshire!

I have a really simple card today which was designed for the 'Studio 12 blog', for those occasions when you need a quick card.  The new Picknix CD (designed by the very talented Nikky Hall from Polkadoodles) has so many elements to choose from, it actually took me longer to decide what to use than actually make the card! Lol.  The CD has three fantastic collections and up until now I have stayed within one collection, but I set myself a little challenge to use at least one element from each collection on this one - just to be different.  Here's what I made ...


I'm in love with my kraft card at the moment and I think it blends really well with the pretty pink polkadot paper (wow, my pupils would be thrilled with that little bit of alliteration!) from the 'Welcome Home' section. I resized the paper so I only printed what I needed for the card, then added the sentiment (from the 'Heavenly Garden' section) and the piece of ribbon (from the 'All Sewn Up' section) before printing.  The flower is also from the 'Heavenly Garden' section and the quality of the images is so good it looks just like a real flowerhead. A bit more kraft card for matting, a couple of die-cut swirls and four matching brads to finish.  It only took me 20 minutes to assemble the card, once I had chosen elements from the CD - nice and quick for those occasions when you need a card in a hurry.

Don't forget to check out the Studio 12 blog where you will find lots of inspiration from my fellow teamies on how to use your Picknix CD.

Enjoy the weekend,
Hugz, Jan xx

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic quick make (I too am loving Kraft and Polka Dots atm).

    Have a fab weekend

    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. just loving these quick cards I've done a few myself now, I just love the real photos especially of the gerbera you have used.
    Thank you for your kind supportive words they are very much appreciated
    hugs and best wishes
    Daniele x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx