Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 27 September 2013

Q is for Quilting

Happy Friday everyone,

It's time for the next letter over at the Alphabet Challenge and we are upto 'Q' in our alphabet. Our Jennifer has chosen the theme of 'QUILTING' for this one, so we would love to see your projects showcasing some kind of quilting. There are so many designs to choose from and you could use paper or fabric - so here's a little DT inspiration from me ...


I loved making this one - it is a 6x6" design and is made up of sixteen squares. I chose three different papers and cut nine of the patterned squares, five of the pink squares and two of the cream squares using a 3cm square paper punch. I then put four patterned squares to one side and cut all the others diagonally on my trimmer to make triangles. Next I inked all the edges with Walnut Stain distress ink (which seemed to take ages!) but I think it was worth it. Then I arranged them into my pattern before sticking them down.  I stamped around the edges with a zig zag stamp to create the effect of faux stitching. To finish off I added a little sentiment from my Polkadoodles Picknix CD which seemed perfect for the job! Hope you like it.

So, will you join us this time round and how will you showcase the quilting?

Hugz, Jan xx

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jan, beautiful colors! I popped over to see who made that fabulous sentiment, I love it!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx