Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 6 January 2014

2014 at Make My Monday

Happy Monday everyone,

Well, after my much enjoyed Christmas break it's back to school today, ready for the Spring term. I must admit, although I love being at home I do miss the routine of work (and the children, of course!)

On a crafty note, it's time for our first challenge of the New Year over at Make My Monday. This week Laura is starting us off with a great theme with lots of possibilities. So, we would love to see your projects using 'EMBOSSING' - Laura hasn't specified which, so dry embossing or heat embossing will meet the theme. I decided on dry embossing for this one - here's what I made for my DT inspiration ...


I kept it fairly simple as I wanted to show the embossing. I cut a piece of cardstock to the same size as my embossing folder, then passed it through my Calibur. I added colour using different shades of pearlescent chalk, which has a lovely sparkle to it (although it doesn't show very well on my photo!) A little stamped 'Thank You' sentiment, a piece of ribbon and a black mount to finish - simples!

Why not pop over to the main blog and check out what my teamies did - hope you can join us.

Hugz, Jan xx



4 comments:

  1. Hi Jan - Happy New Year. I love your card with it's subtle colouring - beautiful embossing too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Jan and hope your first day back was uneventful but I bet the children were "buzzing"! Fab card and love the colour you have added to your embossing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan gorgeous card, love the embossing. Love Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and elegant card,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx