Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 28 October 2014

Metal Magic

Good morning,

Well it's day two of my half term and I didn't even make it into my craft room yesterday - so many other things to do! Lol

I'm back today with news of our next challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz and this week Kim has chosen the theme of

'METAL'

So, here's what I made for my DT inspiration ...


Out with the old metal tape again - I love this stuff and it's so easy to use. I covered a piece of white cardstock with my metal tape and then ran it through my Calibur using a Clarity cogs stencil - to create an embossed effect. I then painted over it with white gesso and wiped most of it off with a clean baby wipe, then added some black archival ink by smearing the inkpad over the top of the raised areas (the plan was to give the metal a grungy look!)

I decided to keep it fairly simple to show off the metal effect, so just added a stamped sentiment which is embossed with black embossing powder and then cut with my dies.

I hope you can join us this time.
Hugz, Jan xx

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh, this is fab! Great metallic-looking design and I love the texture! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inventive, Jan, This challenge has certainly seen the DT thinking laterally! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous technique with an amazing end result. Thanks again for your wonderful inspirational DT project for Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your faux metal Jan - great card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! I love the sentiment - it's often hard to find one that works for a man and I tend to resort to "Happy Birthday"

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! I love the embossed look and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx