Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 25 April 2015

In Distress!

Hi there crafty friends and followers,

Well, it's time for another theme over at my challenge blog, 'FANTASY STAMPERS' and for the next two weeks we would love to see your 'DISTRESSED' projects. Here's what I made for my DT inspiration ...


Although my usual style is usually very cutesy, I loved making this one with all its distressed edges. I wanted to keep it 'pretty' so I went with a pink tone to compliment the Tea Dye distress ink. All the paper edges are distressed with my scissors (it looked like a snow storm when I had finished!) and some of them inked too. I have a couple of little tears and curled corners for extra distressed effect. The background is stamped with an Indigoblu hessian stamp, then I went a little mad with the frantage powder. Ooops! Finally a faux stitching stamp around the edge (which actually looks quite realistic in the photo).

The stamp is an old wooden mounted Hero Arts one I have had for ever and is called 'Collage Gratitude'. I coloured the central flower with my Promarker to add a little colour. 

The flowers are die-cut using Tim Holtz 'Tattered Flower Garland' and then inked with the Tea Dye distress ink and have pearl centres. 

The shabby bow is made from cream seam binding which I distressed with some Tattered Rose distress ink, so it matched the design better.

If you have the time, why not pop over to the challenge blog and check out what my team made too - there are some fab distressed samples.
Hugz, Jan xx

2 comments:

  1. The card is fabulous, Jan, so pretty colours and a lovely design.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card I love the image and the flowers. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx