Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 15 April 2013

Colour Combo at MMM

Morning crafters,

Well, it had to happen - my two week Easter break is well and truly over and it's back to school for me today!

That also means it's time for our next challenge over at Make My Monday and this week Caz has chosen another of her colour combos and we would love to see your projects using BLUE and BROWN. I decided to get all inky for this one - here's what I made for my DT inspiration ...


I made a set of three matching Artist Trading Cards - can't remember the last time I made any and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I started with three pieces of blank white card measuring 2.5" x 3.5" and treat them to a coating of 'Tumbled Glass' distress ink. Then I splattered them with a little water and blotted with some kitchen roll. Next I splodged some 'Walnut Stain' distress stain on my craft mat and moved it around until it beaded on the mat, then blotted the pieces of card to pick up some splodges of ink. I also added bits of text stamp using the same colour distress ink. I used a variety of images to stamp on the top of this with an archival black inkpad, then finished off with some doodling around the edges using a fine black micron pen and white highlighter.

I can't wait to see your projects using this week's theme and I shall look forward to visiting your blogs.
Hugz, Jan xx

2 comments:

  1. This is rather gorgeous, isn't it?!
    Lovely,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea! LOVE the matchy matchy-ness of it--these are amazing! LOVE the details! Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx