Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 10 June 2013

Keep it Clean and Simple

Morning everyone,

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and enjoyed some sunshine.  We celebrated my youngest daughter's 21st birthday yesterday - my I'm feeling old! Lol. I will upload her birthday card later in the week.

It's time for a new challenge over at Make My Monday and this week we would love to see your 'Clean and Simple' projects using FLOWERS. So no fancy distressing or embellishing - just a nice CAS look with flowers as the main theme.  Here's what I made for my DT inspiration ...


Well, this is a very different look for me (coming from the person who never knows when to stop embellishing!) and I am coming to love this style of crafting. They look so crisp and are so quick and easy to design. This one is 6x6" and is a piece of white pearlescent cardstock matted onto a square of turquoise textured card.  I used a flower die to cut out the flower shape, allowing the turquoise layer to show through. I then added a second, smaller flower cut from a scrap of patterned paper with a button centre to highlight. A piece of twine and a sentiment to finish off.

I shall look forward to visiting your blogs to see your interpretations of our theme this week.
Hugz, Jan xx

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Jan! I really like the deep turquoise on top of that pearly white and the baker's twine was a great idea! HUGS and hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and elegant
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly CAS! a lovely interpretation!
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx