Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 3 March 2012

Very First Blog Challenge

I am so excited - after a bit more research into 'blog challenges' I have made my very first entry.  I spent some time yesterday visiting friends blogs and chose a challenge to participate in - I hope I got it right.  Here is my work for the 'Stamping for the Weekend Bingo challenge' - I picked 'Pink, Flowers and Lace' ...


I used another of my 8x8” scalloped edge card blanks and matted pink flowered paper, together with a smaller piece of pink wording paper from my stash.  The bingo card was stamped onto plain pink paper and torn around edges (I thought this was a quirky addition to the layering, as the challenge is called ‘Bingo’).  It also has a piece of white lace attached to the left hand side.  The stamp is ‘With Love’ from the Fizzy Moon range and is coloured with promarkers (I picked this image because of the flowers!). It’s mounted onto a large Lacy Circle die-cut from white pearlescent cardstock with my nestabilities.  The border at the bottom has three layers – white lace, a white pearlescent nestabilities border (Parisian Accents) and a piece of pink polka dot ribbon. I made the little bunting sentiment from scraps of pink paper mounted onto cardstock, threaded it onto very pale pink ribbon and secured it with two pink brads.  The card is decorated with a variety of flowers from my stash (some of which have white pearl accents in the centres and pearl stamen accents from Wild Orchid Crafts), together with three pink pearl hearts, a pink die-cut corner (Parisian Accents) and a small metal ‘made with love’ heart embellishment which hangs from the border behind the flowers. 

I am also entering this card for the
Wild Orchid Crafts - White + 1 challenge.

Hope you like it, Jx



5 comments:

  1. Like it, I love it. I am so pleased your spreading your interests. yes, it can be addictive but it's a good addiction. A super card. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jan. Its lovely to see your getting back into your crafting. Its great to enter challenges. I love it. Have fun, love NJ X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts.
    Hugs Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this is so pretty, Thanks for joining us at WOC.

    Could you please remove word verification as it makes it very difficult for us to leave comments.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx