Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 4 April 2014

Animal Magic

Good morning,

Well, what a miserable couple of days - I hope everyone survived the dust cloud!

It's time for our next challenge over at Polkadoodles and this week the new theme is

'ANIMAL MAGIC'

Now, with so many fab CDs to choose from by the talented Nikky Hall, it was a difficult decision - but one of my favourites won. Here's what I started with using the super 'Sugarplum Daisy CD' ...



And here's the finished result ...


I decided to get all 'busy as a bee' in readiness for some nice weather to come our way. I'm not usually a bright colours person, but I love the yellow on this one. I started with a shaped template and added papers from the CD. All the imagery and the sentiments are also from the CD. I added a few extra embellishments from my stash, including a bit of frantage powder (supposed to represent the pollen!), some polkadot ribbon, a couple of yellow brads, some die-cut flowers made from scraps of leftover paper and a little gold metal swirly bit on the sentiment ticket. Can you see the bit of honeycomb embossing at the bottom too?

I am looking forward to seeing which animals you all choose to play with, and don't forget to check out Team B's midway inspiration next Friday too.

I am entering this in the WeDoobadoo challenge - Sweet as Honey

Hugz, Jan xx

15 comments:

  1. Lovely card and image Jan.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card love the bee's Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your fabulous BEES with the DT from http://wedodoobadoo.blogspot.nl/ love it xxx Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love that cd and your card is stunning! thanks for joining us at We Do Doobadoo this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome - fabulous card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Jan the bee is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet Jan,thanks for taking part in our 2nd challenge ,and hope to see you again http://wedodoobadoo.blogspot.co.uk/
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is 'buzzing'Jan! love it! Fab make for the Polkadoodles challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really love this beautiful Bee's card love the colours too

    Brilliant DT Inspiration for the Polkadoodles Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jan this is fab, so lovely and bright.
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx