Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 29 June 2012

Fairies, Fantasy and Flitter

Good morning,


It's Friday already, that means it's a new challenge over at Polkadoodles - this week Emma set us the challenge of 'Fairies, Fantasy and Flitter'.  Our cards have adopted a real fantasy theme this week, with a selection of fairies all scattered with a dusting of glitter. Here's what I made ...



I made a door hanger for a girl's room this week instead of a card.  The project measures 20cm x 10cm and started out as a piece of white card.  I covered it with a pretty pink paper from the 'Sugar Plum Daisy' CD, rounded the corners with a punch and inked the edges with Victorian Velvet distress ink.  The fairy, toadstool and butterfly wings are all printed from the same CD and are layered up to give some dimension.  The sentiment is also from the 'Sugar Plum Daisy' CD and is layered onto a pink picot circle cut with my nesties.  The pink flowers are printed from the 'Sugar Birdies' CD and have been embellished with pearl centres and pink adhesive gem centres, together with white feathers and a white swirl.  The whole project is edged with a pink lacey border cut with my Doohickey dies.  A few Polkadoodle dew drops accent the corners and it wouldn't be fairyland without a liberal sprinkling of stardust glitter! Hope this gives a little bit of inspiration for the challenge and I look forward to seeing some of your creations over on the blog.

Enjoy the weekend,
Hugz, Jan xx


1 comment:

  1. So, so pretty. Makes me wish I was little girl again so as I could hang this on my door. Absolutely adore this hanger.

    Have a great weekend

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx