Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 15 June 2012

A Summer Scene

Hi there - it's Friday again, that means it's Polkadoodle time.  Over at the challenge blog this week, Clare challenged us to make a card showing a summer scene and although we haven't seen much 'summer' here yet, there are some fab DT samples over on the blog to give you some inspiration.  Here's what I made ...


I imagined a lovely meadow when I thought of a summer scene, so I used this gorgeous little piece of fencing from the 'Sugarplum Daisy' CD.  I repeated the image three times to make the scene for my card, making sure that each piece lined up with the other to make one long fence.  I printed it onto a piece of plain sky blue paper from the 'Sugar Birdies' CD which has been inked around the edges with blue ink.  Although the image can be printed in colour, I chose to print in black and white and coloured the whole thing with my Promarkers, using the fine tip nib for all those intricate little vines.  I then added some fab flowers from the 'Sugar Birdies' CD and decoupaged them behind the fence, as if they are growing in the meadow.  The large flower has a brown button centre and the two smaller ones have brown adhesive gems in the centre.  The 'Summer' bunting is printed onto some scraps of blue gingham paper (the gingham pattern always reminds me of summer) using the template from the 'All Around & Everywhere' CD and is hung on a piece of blue thread.  Three little blue adhesive pearls decorate the top left corner and a sprinkling of crystal glitter highlights the vines on the fence (this bit doesn't show up very well on the photo, sorry).

I hope my 'Summer' card cheers you up a bit in all this dreary weather, and don't forget to pop over to the blog for some more fab inspiration.

Hugz, Jan xx



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the bright yellow - it reminds of sun flowers and bees and everything that summer should be!

    Enjoy your weekend

    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty, I love the bunting and the sunflowers
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx