Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Fairy Sparkle

Hi there everyone,

Back to school today, hence the late posting.  Today's card was made for the Sketch n Stash challenge - it's the first time I've used a sketch to make a card, but I really enjoyed it.  This week you could choose from a catalogue of sketches and here's the one I chose ...


This card uses two of my favourite things - shades of purple and fairies. Here's the finished design ...


Part of the challenge is to use some new or neglected stash on your card - I managed both! Lol.  The gorgeous papers are by Karen Nueburger and have been in my stash for what seems like forever!  The new item is the pretty little fairy stamp by Whimsy, which was part of a free set on the current issue of Papercraft essentials magazine.  She is coloured with my Promarkers and her wings are all sparkly with glitter (which doesn't show very well on the piccie!)  I think I managed to follow the sketch, adding a LOTV sentiment and a metal corner just to balance out the design.  If you would like to know anything else, please leave a comment below and I will answer.

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Emergency Crafters - Butterflies, Birds or anything with Wings
Make my Monday - A Midsummer Night's Dream

See you all soon,
Hugz, Jan xx



11 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Jan. Love the soft colours you've chosen and the fairy is beautifully coloured too.
    Thanks for joining our challenge this week at MMM and it's lovely to see you there.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a delighfully, pretty card, great colours and a cute fairy. thank you for joining us at MMM
    suzi b :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a gorgeous card, loving the delicate colouring and the image is such a sweetie
    hugs and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! LOVE the soft colors--such a perfect fit for our challenge! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan, what an adorable little fairy, love the subtle colouring and embellishments used. Lovely to see you sharing with us at Make My Monday this week. Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love the colours and sweet image.

    Thanks for joining us at S n S ...good luck!

    xx hugs lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card, I just love your fairy image, colour combo and papers.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a fab job of the sketch Jan love your card really pretty.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really gorgeous, I love those soft colours and the image is gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely- what acute little fairy- thanks for joining in this week at MMM
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card so glad you joined us at SNS this week
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx