Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 18 June 2012

Studio 12 Blog goes live!

Morning everyone,

Well, this is a strange feeling - I don't have to go to school today, that's a first! I have swapped my day off and am working on Friday (there's always a downside) Lol.

It's an exciting day over at Polkadoodles following the successful launch of 'Studio 12' with Nikky's new 'Picknix' collection. Their sister blog at 'Studio 12' goes live today and is all about 'hybrid' crafting. "What's that?" I hear you ask - well, it's where you combine CD crafting with all your own papercrafting goodies and come up with a cross between the two. If you need some inspiration, the design team have been up to their tricks and posted some fantastic ideas of what you can do with Nikky's new collection.

Here is one of the samples I made for the TV launch show ...



I made a tag using the 'All Sewn Up' section of the CD.  I covered a handmade tag with paper from the CD, stitched around the edge and then inked the edges with Walnut Stain distress ink.  The little rag doll was printed from the embellishment section of the CD, coloured with Promarkers and her dress is paper-pieced with a left over scrap from the CD, before I added her to the tag.  The sentiment is also from the CD and is mounted on a contrasting scalloped circle, cut using my nesties.  Embellishments include some real buttons which are stitched to the tag to accent the theme, together with a die-cut flower, some ribbon and a few adhesive gems.  

This is a fantastic collection to work with and has so many elements to choose from - no wonder the launch show was a sell out!

Don't forget to pop on over to the new blog and check out the DT creations too - see you there.
Hugz, Jan xx

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Love the tag and the raggy doll is just beautiful!

    Enjoy your day off!

    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag Jan and I agree the rag doll looks really cute.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry for not being around much, I'm just playing catch up, just loving the Ftahers Day card and your tag is delish, must get round to posting mine this week as I'm so far behind
    hugs and best wishes

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx