Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 15 March 2013

Most Coveted

Hi there everyone,

Well, it's been a strange one for me this week with a couple of days at home with a nasty tummy bug! Glad that's over - only thing it was good for was my Slimming Class!! Lol.

Friday seems to have arrived even quicker and it's time for the next letter over at the Alphabet Challenge.  We are up to the letter 'C' and Roxx challenged us to use our most 'Coveted' supplies on our projects this week! I nearly had a seizure - I thought my most coveted stash was meant to just sit there and be adored, not actually be used. I had to put my thinking cap on and decided to make something that I could keep, so that my prize stash didn't wander too far away! Here's what I decided to use ...


My gorgeous 'Once upon a Time' paper stack 
which I have only ever sat and stroked 
and a pack of Tim Holtz Idea-ology 'Keyholes' 
which I always considered far too good to actually use!

Here's what I made ...


I decided to make a Notebook to jot my ideas in when I am trawling the internet (instead of collecting hundreds of different scraps of paper with ideas on them!)  It measures 18cm x 16cm and is made from thick black card.  I scored 2cm in from the left to make a spine, leaving a 16cm square area to decorate.  

The book front is covered with one of the gorgeous glittered papers from the stack, after I inked the edges with 'Black Soot' distress ink.  I added a black 'Memory Box Madera Corner' die-cut to the bottom left corner and the Tim Holtz 'Keyhole' to the centre right.  I used my little Sizzix Sidekick to cut the 'Notes' lettering and the little butterfly and added them to the front.  The spine is secured with a thin black hairband and a wooden lollypop stick (which has been coloured with a black Promarker), after I added some note pages inside.

Now I get to keep my little project and see my treasured stash at the same time, although I have to confess I did make a mould of the 'keyhole' before I used it - so I could reproduce it at a later date if necessary!! Lol. Hope you like it - don't forget to pop over to the blog to see what my teamies chose to use from their most 'Coveted' stash too.

Hugz, Jan xx

2 comments:

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx