Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Halloween Tag

Hello there,

Well, I have been dying to get crafty for Halloween, but this is the first chance I've had. So, when I saw the new theme over at the 'Graph'It Marker Colour Challenge' I decided it was time I got started! Lol.

Here's what I made for my entry ...


I have used a collection of things to make my tag, starting with a basic shape cut from a piece of recycled card. This was covered with some scraps of paper from my stash in green, orange and rust and then mounted on black card.  

The main image is made of three separate images overlayed to make a little Halloween scene and are from the 'Witchie Witchie download bundle' available from Polkadoodles. I coloured the pumpkin with my Graph'It markers - I used four different shades from the skintones set (4115, 4125, 4155 and 4170) and blended them from light to dark. The green and yellow was added with my Promarkers.  

The 'Happy Halloween' sentiment and the little bats are printed from the same download bundle and cut out and added to the tag with some dimensional glue (although this doesn't show very well in the picture).  The 'October' calendar is from the sentiments section of the 'Home for Christmas CD', also from Polkadoodles and I added a little spider web (from the download bundle) and highlighted the 31 with markers. 

I added a few extra embellishments, including a little hand drawn spider, some tiny bunting with 'boo' lettering stamped on it, a die-cut gate and a couple of little metal pumpkins which I coloured with my pens too. And lastly, a piece of black ribbon to finish off.

Right, I'm off to enter this into the challenge - wish me luck!
Hugz, Jan xx

6 comments:

  1. Superb tag, Jaybe, love it so much detail xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant tag, Jan, good luck
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag Jan and beautifully coloured image too! Thanks for joining us at Graph'It colour challenge
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Halloween tag! Thanks for joining our Halloween challenge at the Graph'it Marker blog!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great tag, thanks so much for joining us at Graph'It colour challenge, Karenx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx