Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 28 October 2013

Steampunk Style

Good morning,

Well, today is the first day of my half term break from school and it's going to be a tough one! I have taken my little fur baby to the vets this morning to have his teeth cleaned and some taken out. For those of you who know me, my little doggies are my world and I will be a nervous wreck until we bring him back home later today and I know he will need lots of cuddles.

Anyway, on with business and it is time for our next challenge over at Make My Monday and this week Suzi has chosen the theme of 'STEAMPUNK'. I have never found this an easy one, but here's what I came up with for your inspiration ...


It all started out as a piece of milk cardstock which I have stencilled on, stamped on and added my Steampunk design.  I used Gathered Twigs distress ink for all of this project - first dusting over the stencil with my ink dusters, then I added some stamped cogs around the edges for more definition.  I stamped the wings and crown, cut them out, inked them and added them to the design before securing the brass clockface in position.  I produced the lettering on my pc, cut them out, inked them and added them to the bottom of the project - adding a little stamped top hat for fun.  I also sprinkled on some frantage powder to add a little texture.

Hope you like it - I shall look forward to seeing your interpretations of our theme this week.
Hugz, Jan xx

3 comments:

  1. You'd never know you were uneasy with steampunk... this is fabulous!
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jan. Beautifully grungy and great colour.
    Hope your little fur baby is recovering well.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx