Thank you for taking the time to visit - I hope my designs provide a little inspiration.
Please pop back soon and if you would like to follow me just click the little blue box below xx

Followers

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 26 August 2013

Anything but a Card

Good Morning to you all,

I hope everyone is enjoying the extra long weekend - I only have one more week left of my summer break. This time next week I will be back at school, trying to fit all my crafting in when I can.

It's time for a new challenge over at Make My Monday and this week it is my turn to choose the theme. As you can see from my post title I chose 'ANYTHING BUT A CARD'.

This is a favourite theme of mine as I love making home decor projects and I have been wanting to show you this one for a while. So, here's what I made for my DT inspiration ...


After much research on the subject - here's my version of a decorated shadow box. I chose the cream and pink theme to give a 'shabby' look to the project. The whole thing is made from scraps of paper from my stash, together with lots of little items from my craft box, including a baby domino, a little penny farthing charm, a miniature clothes peg, a dice, a mini wooden cotton bobbin, a mini clock charm and loads of tiny little punched butterflies. The letter 'B' in the largest section is to represent my surname (Brown) and I also added the date in one of the sections too. 

Here's a closer look at some of my favourite sections ...

The top section

I love the little bottle of beads

I covered the little cotton bobbin with some lace

I must admit this took a while to finish - but I am thrilled with the outcome and it now sits proudly on my display cabinet.  I am hoping to make these to order in the future, so watch this space.

I hope this has inspired you to have a go at something other than a card - I will be back on Wednesday with a little midweek motivation. 

Happy crafting,
Hugz, Jan xx

9 comments:

  1. HI Jan, gorgeous make, so girly and lovely details.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is spectacular hun, love it so much xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!!!!! This is stunning! I love the beautiful embellishments and the papers are fantastic.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome project - no wonder it took ages to make, it's beautiful, such detail - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, fabulous
    P x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! this is so stunning, love the pink and cream together. The little embellishments are fabulous too

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just wonderful, Jan
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jan this is gorgeous!
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always very much appreciated, so thank you for taking the time to write one xx